Wednesday, May 5, 2010

W.A.G. #5: Biebermania

Hello there! I realize that I had a WAG post very recently, but something came up at the gym today that was just a-begging to be written about. I was working out and watching MSNBC, eschewing my normal "4 miles + ANTM marathon on Bravo" routine to try and make myself into a knowledgable skinny gym bitch, rather than a regular s.g.b. And boy oh boy, did I learn a bunch. I learned that some football player I've never heard of was arrested, that some conservative newspaper in LI juxtaposed a picture of the Obamas with this one from Sanford and Son, and that some people are standing outside the White House reading the entire bible, in unison and without breaks. Scintillating news. But then, the anchor tells me that coming up next is a story about a viral video of a Justin Bieber interview that went badly wrong!!!!! Excitement.
(Side note: the image they showed with this little teaser was actually a picture of David Boreanaz. Good reporting, peeps.)
For those of you who don't know, Justin Bieber is the tween pop sensation who can't even have an actual concert because his fans keep rioting just to get close to him. His tweets (which seem to be of enough general interest that the NYT writes stories about them) now tend to deal with chastising these crazypants. Example: 
"The airport was crazy. NOT HAPPY that someone stole my hat and knocked down my mama. Come on people."
In my day, tween girls just screamed in high pitch voices and waved signs, maybe jumped up and down a bit. Knocking down his mama? That is not cool, ladies. Not cool at all. Now I don't know very much about JBiebs beyond what I learned from YouTube, most specifically this video (which is so awesome that I just HAD to share). I mean, I think when I was three I was reading "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" and listening to the Classical Kids collection, not having my mind corrupted by some Justin-Timberlake-in-the-making. Good job, mom and dad - I don't say this often, but well parented. 
Ok, so we're back to the present. It turns out that this interview had nothing to do with David Boreanaz, sadly, but lots to do with German and the sad state of education in America today. (For the last viral video dealing with this important topic, see this fiasco.) Watch and enjoy:
Clearly JBiebs needs to read this blog, because then he would learn that not only do we use the word "German" in America, it's one of the best words ever. I do hate to break it to you, Bieberama, but no matter how much you like basketball, that's not what Bieber means in "German."  Basketball is called "basketball." Shocker. And Bieber roughly translates to "go back to school, you weird little chipmunk boy." 
So learning about languages is important, folks! And school yo' chilluns, so they can grow up to be real live peepull like yous and mes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment