Thursday, March 25, 2010

If All Snorps Are Snoops and Most Snips Are Snops Then How Many Snoops are Sneetches?

Hey-o! First things first, I have an update to share with you that I think you may find educational: Tastycake man is allergic to water. I know, right? Here's how I found out: I way down to the halls o' just-ice to deliver my very important packages and on the way back I swung by c-town to get my fix--familiar story, no? Except this time is was raining and tastycakerbaker was nowhere to be seen! I therefore made the logical deduction that rain + tastycake man = the Wicked Witch of the West. So I guess we should add 'rain' to the list of 'How to Crush My Hopes and Dreams.' Sigh.
Today's going to be a jumble of sneeps and snoops because I'm getting to the end of the week and we all know what that means. Let's say it together: Sleep. Deprivation. Natch. So here are some things I thought you should know:
-We did not win trivia this week. Again. Normally I wouldn't care but we were in first place after the first three rounds AND we had such a power team: both our resident name-that-tuner and the new guy/random fact generator were in attendance, which means we had two out of the four rings we needed to summon Captain Trivia. Seriously, the one guy can name a song after hearing literally a single note, (and the songs aren't of your run-of-the-mill Kansas/More Than A Feeling strain either; more like Inspiral Carpets/Find Out Why flavor) and the other dude knows the most random and arcane things; I don't know why you are on a first-name basis with the Keebler Elves, sir, but you have my deepest gratitude. We've been playing for months now pretty much every week and all I can say is I cannot WAIT until the day when I get to saunter up to Trivia Dave and take the $50 bar tab that is rightfully ours. Victory will be so sweet.
-I am up to my ears in plans, and not the elaborate kind either. I am supposed to be making a mondo cake for Sunday and my initial plan, which was to 'bake a little all week,' has now turned into 'power bake for three days.' And just so we're clear, I'm not talking about making any old cakewreck here, I'm talking about some serious Cake Nouveau artistry. If you don't hear from me on Monday assume that I've been crushed under the weight of my own ambitions.
-Last Saturday I played a game of touch football, which I thoroughly enjoyed. It was my first organized football-playing experience and all in all I think I didn't completely screwed it up; we won, so at least I didn't have a net negative effect. The only problem is I was hella sore for a whole five days afterwards, which speaks to a) my football skillz and b) my out-of-shape-like-whoa skillz. Fast forward to this week when I agreed to do the same thing again this Saturday, knowing full well that I have a hellweek of cookery to perform. I don't know which part of my brain it is that directs me to wedge myself into the crawlspace of ridiculously poor planning each and every day, but sometimes I really wish I could get that excized.
-Question: do you prefer to be big spoon or little spoon?

Okay okay okay I'm done. That's all I've got for you today but Hattie and I are going to see a preview of Hot Tub Time Machine tonight FOR FREESIES (the BEST kind) and I promise to give you the bird's eye down low on that caper tomorrow. I'm so excited I can't even tell you because it would probably be embarrassing. I better go...place.

0 comments:

Post a Comment